This program of residence is opened to artists working in the fields of visual and performing arts, writers, researchers (Master degree minimum) and professionals of culture of foreign origin (individual artist or group of artists, within the limits of 3 persons maximum).
Arts: dance, visual and performing arts, musique, literature
History and research: history of art, garden history, history of ideas
Philosophy, education: education through nature, philosophy (research or transmission)
In 2018, a special attention will be given to the following themes:
– walking as an artistic and literary format,
– landscape in a broad meaning,
– hunting iconography.
Applicants should explain their particular interest to come on the site, the articulation of their project with the historical or contemporary aspects of the place and its program.
According to international commitments carried by the French Ministry of Culture and Communication, the applications of citizens of the following countries will be examined in priority:
– Algeria, Afganistan, Egypt, Iraq, Iran, Lebanon, Morocco, Palestine,Tunisia ;
– Mexico, Colombia, Brazil, Argentina, Costa Rica, Chile, Haiti, Cuba;
– Benin, Senegal, Burkina Faso, Ivory Coast, Cameroon, South Africa;
– Cambodia, Laos, Vietnam.
Applications should include:
• Curriculum vitae / short biography (maximum 2 pages);;
• Personal project for the residence period in line with the global project of the welcoming center (maximum 3 pages, French / English);
• Cover letter;
• Recommendation letter;
• Copy of passport or national identity card;
• Proof of residence (recent utility bill i.e. telephone, gas, electric);
• Copy of driver’s license
• bank details (IBAN)
Applications deadline: December, 13th, 2017
The Odyssée artist-in-residency program allows residents whose projects have been selected by a CCR (Centre Culturel de Rencontre), member of the French network, to receive 1200€ per month and the refunding of their travel fees (up to a determined level according to the citizen’s country). The period of residency can vary between 1 and 2 months from May to December 2018.
• January 2018 : Odyssée Commission deciding on the applications
• March 2018 : Answers to applications.
For further information, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org